Sex and the City 3 Won't Happen, Reveals Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted 2017/09/30 0 0

The long-awaited "Sex and the City 3" is canceled, according to star Sarah Jessica Parker.

 

Sarah Jessica Parker, who this time last year still had hope the third Sex and the City movie would happen, confirmed Thursday we won't see Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda reunite on screen. Extra recently caught up with the fashion icon while attending the New York City Ballet Fall Gala with husband Matthew Broderick and asked about the status of Sex and the City 3. She delivered the disappointing confirmation that “it’s over,” and that they are “not doing it.” She said:

“We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story. It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”

Friday morning, Parker's Sex and the City co-star, Kim Cattrall, denied a Daily Mail report that her "outrageous demands" halted production shortly before filming was to begin.

"The only 'DEMAND' I ever made was that I didn't want to do a 3rd film....& that was back in 2016," Cattrall said on Twitter.

In an interview with People published earlier this year, Cattrall still seemed open to the idea of reprising her sexually liberated character, Samantha Jones.

“Are we still relevant? That would be the reason to come back,” she said. “I really miss making people laugh, I so enjoy that.”

Originally an HBO comedy about four Manhattan socialites, Sex and the City enjoyed a successful run on TV between 1998 and 2004. Two big-screen adaptations followed in 2008 and 2010. While neither film was well received by critics, both performed impressively at the box office, prompting calls for another instalment. In 2016, Parker said that another outing remained a possibility, either as a new series or a film, but Cattrall expressed doubts. “Everyone is doing their own thing and if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. It would be a challenge to do a third instalment,” she told the Daily Record.

Comments