Brett Ratner Allegations Put Hugh Hefner Biopic on Hold

Posted 2017/11/02 0 0

The director has been accused of sexual misconduct by six women.

 

Playboy Enterprises has put all of its projects with Brett Ratner’s production company on hold following multiple accusations of sexual misconduct that came out against Ratner on Wednesday. Here’s what Playboy Enterprises had to say about the allegations:

“We are deeply troubled to learn about the accusations against Brett Ratner. We find this kind of behavior completely unacceptable. We are putting all further development of our projects with RatPac Entertainment on hold until we are able to review the situation further.”

Ratner’s announcement in April said he was re-launching development and that the project would be produced through his RatPac Entertainment, which optioned Hefner’s life rights, as a co-production between RatPac and Playboy/Alta Loma Entertainment. At that point, it was also announced that Ratner would produce with John Cheng and that Hefner would be an executive producer with Dick Rosenzweig and Peter Jaysen.

Hefner had given his blessing to the project at that point: “In recent years there has been plenty of interest and much conversation about doing a feature film based on my life. I have always believed that when the timing was truly right, the perfect creative partners would come together for this project. I believe we’ve found those partners in Brett Ratner and RatPac Entertainment. I’m very much looking forward to this collaboration.”

Earlier this month, trades ran with the news that Jared Leto was set to play Hefner. But calls to the Suicide Squad star’s rep reveal that the Oscar-winning actor never had any intention to take the role.

“Jared Leto is not and was not attached to a Brett Ratner-directed Hugh Hefner film, nor will he be working with him in the future,” Leto’s rep said this afternoon. “Earlier reports were incorrect and not confirmed by his representatives.”

Ratner, known for directing films such as Rush Hour, X-Men: The Last Stand, and Tower Heist, has been accused of sexual misconduct by six women, including actresses Olivia Munn, Natasha Henstridge, and Jaime Ray Newman. Ratner’s attorney denied the accusations, telling Page Six, “Brett Ratner vehemently denies the outrageous derogatory allegations that have been reported about him, and we are confident that his name will be cleared once the current media frenzy dies down and people can objectively evaluate the nature of these claims. He understands the seriousness of this issue and the importance of addressing the concerns of victims of sexual misconduct in both the entertainment industry and beyond.”

Comments